Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Short cuts make long delays.

Plan: Read Harry Potter.
Reality: Only HP book in the house is book seven.

Plan: Borrow from library.
Reality: Owe hefty fine, and am broke.

Plan: Borrow book one from fellow knitter.
Reality: She's missing book one.

Plan: Borrow book one from other fellow knitter.
Reality: She forgot to bring me the book.

Plan: Wait one more week and hope other fellow knitter remembers.
Reality: To be continued...

Part of me is sad in the way I always am when my plans fail, but it's a sadness I'm used to. Part of me, however, is not so bummed because now I'll have more time to finish the knitting project that I'm working on. Always a silver lining, folks.

So to make this a somewhat Harry Potterish post (and interactive!), let me just share that in my excitement over this project (yes, I'm considering reading these books a Project) I have been taking oodles of online quizzes. Most notably, a 'Which HP girl are you?' quiz. Now I want to know if the quiz was totally off, so post your opinion on which HP Girl (TM?) I am and why and I'll post the actual quiz results next week...hopefully with my first installment of thoughts, notes, and reviews of book one!

3 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, I am going to fly over there right now and hand deliver the first book. I am getting antsy!

    As for which HP Girl (TM) you are, that's a tough one. I'm guessing Hermione, since you're all smart and whatnot. :P You'll have to share her with me -- I'm ALWAYS Hermione, and that's THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Cris you could totally pull Hermione. A smart know-it-all :P

    I was about to offer you my copy, but I guess Candice's would be there earlier.

    I must update my blog. See that's a delayed 'project' of mine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're definitely Hermione - smart, opinionated, bleeding-hearted, a little prickly sometimes but totally lovable.

    ReplyDelete